Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Third


I've got a few words for y'all. Most fun band/show since 1997. If you've listened to their music before, you might think it's funny but not enough. That's because you need to watch their show. Flight of the Conchords takes place in New York, but really keeps hold of that New Zealand / Australia humor. A very good choice if you're in the mood for the funny.


If you're in the mood for the different interpretation of something, I'd suggest Tin Man. I just finished watching it last night, and man it wasn't spectacular but it was pretty good and entertaining. It's the kind of Oz I'd rather watch than the classic. Don't get me wrong, nothing takes away from the 1939 but if I had a choice between the two, I'd rather watch Tin Man.
Hhhokay so, time for a poem. As some of you know, I usually ...what am I saying? Always, I always write off the cuff. Here's a little ditty about a little girl in an orchard.
Sitting with a grin, teeth sinking in. Juice running down her upside down frown.
Shade protecting from sun's harsh rays, watching as her brother plays.
Gentle breeze blows through her hair as birds take flight into the air.
Some would say this is the life, others say it's best as a wife.
As she finishes off the peach and wipes the juice off of her cheek,
I simply smile to myself and pull a book off of the shelf.
In it are pictures of days too quickly gone by but not a tear falls from my eye.
I grab my bunny hug and head out and my heart it gives a shout.
Get my bike from the garage it is time to end this little montage. (of words)


No comments: