Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Season Two Episode Three


There it was, laying just before me, telling me to take it to a safe place and that only I could take care of an object of beauty so great as itself. I told myself it wouldn't be right, to take something so great, keeping it for my own. Such a thing should be shared with the world and held on display. But who else could appreciate such a thing? Who else could fully comprehend what an object of such beauty was meant for?

Tourists would come and take pictures, but this was an act they performed for almost anything! People took pictures of anything the eye could see, every day objects. Maybe a few news crews would come by... the reporter might do research, but proper research? And how good would their cameraman be? Would the story even last five minutes? There wouldn't be any celebrities beside it, talk show hosts probably wouldn't even mention it, or at least not the important ones anyway. ...Was there such a thing?

It didn't matter, nobody else would care, nobody but me. But nobody has had a chance to see it yet, how can you say such a thing when no one has even had a chance? We all deserve chances right? The world should be given the chance to take in its beauty, to give it value and worth.
This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and who was I to deny the world of such an opportunity? Besides, who was to say that I was the only one who would fully behold and fully enjoy the Holy Grail of the 21st century? There could be many such as myself, dreaming of something, when compared to the real thing, even half as glorious? Yes, I would fight my inner demons, deny my selfish want, and I would present the Golden Slurpee Cup to the world, so that all may revel in its wonders! I would be the famous founder of a new way of slurpee goodness, and unless 7-Eleven had a museum somewhere, the Golden Slurpee Cup would belong to me! Ah haha ha ha haaaa!

Haiku:

Golden Slurpee Cup
Shining in the bright sunlight
Wonderous to all.

No comments: