Sunday, March 1, 2009

Onehundred Ninetyseven


If you knew you were going to live past 100 years, what would you do? Would you do anything differently? Would you try and push how long you could live for? Would you try and live a more noble life, try to achieve more goals?

I think once I hit 90, I'd spend the next 10 years doing whatever it was in my life that I hadn't already accomplished. That being said, without the knowledge of how long I'll live for, am I going to now live like every day is my last? Am I going to make the most of my days? I'd like to think that I will do a better job than I have in the past, but I don't yet know about doing anything too dramatic quite yet. I don't really have big aspirations for my life right now.

I think that after those 10 years and I've hit 100, I'd find some place in the world with a really big library and just read, or if I couldn't read I'd have someone read to me. I assume by then I'd have some kind of assistant, so I'd get them to read to me. Or maybe in the future you'll get to plug into a book, like a 3-D experience and I'd just spend my days jacked into all of my current favorite books, and then whatever other books there may be. My assistant would bring me food and take care of me, but if you could virtually live out a book, I'd be all upon's. Either that or if you could do the same with a movie, that would be sweet. And the same with video games. Man, I hope my ol' ticker will be able to take it... Either that or find a mountain some where, build a cabin, and just live out my days enjoying the scenery. As well as have my assistant bring me a book and once I finish that one, he will already have brought me another, and so on.

WOTD:

Sluice - (n) 1. an artificial passage for water with a gate for controlling the flow; also: the gate so used 2. a channel that carries off surplus water 3. an inclined trough or flume for washing ore or floating logs

Haiku:

Sneaky red panda
Taking food from monkey cage
Looking innocent.

No comments: