Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fiftieth

Okay, so here I am sitting on top of 49 bloggin's and I'm wondering if I should do something to celebrate. But perhaps I'll wait until tomorrow when I can say I'm sitting atop 50 bloggin's. Or maybe I'll just wait until I hit a hundred bloggin's cause that's a more impressive number, but then I guess if I go with that theory I'd never get there. Let's just see how it goes.

Today's topic is: jam.

What happened that jam was created / invented? Was it an answer to a yearning, a response to the invention of toast? No, I think jam came before toast, well in the very least it came before toasters, so is it still toast if it didn't come from a toaster?

The question still remains: When was jam invented / created? Oh! Maybe jam came as a result of bad jelly, or rather jelly that didn't jell. Hm. So then the question remains but the subject is jelly. Either way, how did someone say "I want this fruit on my bread but in a form other than which it is currently in."? Obviously it was first eaten (or rather largely eaten) by the rich because the poor could scarcely afford bread. But still, which came first? Jam or toast? Jam or jelly?

I found a hole in wiki, they don't have history of jam, just information. Sigh. Okay, I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to this but: that's the end of that topic. So then, on with the program.

Today's WOTD is:

Disingenuous - (adj) lacking in candor: also: giving a false appearance of simple frankness

Today's haiku of the day is:

Following shaddows

Waiting for one out of place

Stitch it to my feet.

No comments: