Friday, August 1, 2008

Thirtyfifth


I guess what I’m trying to say is that some people just need to chillax. Get yourself an ice tea or lemonade, read your favorite book or listen to your favorite band, and just take a moment for yourself. Otherwise people get too sick of all that bright morning sunshine and you end up wondering why.

And now for something completely different. I think the outdoors would be great if there weren’t any bugs. Or maybe if the bugs just kept to themselves instead of flying around me or crawling all over me. Either that or I would like to just be used to the bugs, that they wouldn’t bother me. Especially ticks, mosquitoes, horseflies, wasps, hornets and just generally anything that bites or stings.

I wonder if frisbee was someone’s weak version of discus. If you think about it, it is pretty much discus but you’re throwing to someone and you don’t get a metal for it. I think ultimate frisbee is a step up but still lacks the heavy disc element. Of course that was the whole idea behind it, but really… if I had the internet at the moment I’d look frisbee up on Wiki and then I’d have answers. But as it is I’m at a wedding rehearsal.

There are too many things wrong with the idea of Starbucks.

I like it when bands aren’t in show business just for the fans and fame. You’ve gotta do it for yourselves as well, and that’s how you should be writing the songs because those are the songs that mean something. Don’t get me wrong, catchy songs are what keep coming back, but that’s mainly because of the radio and we all know that the radio is to blame for keeping old trends alive. It’s not like those trends are really living, it’s more that the people who hold onto them just won’t give them up. Those were the glory days and we all know you just can’t say goodbye to the glory days. What else would you have to compare those “young punks” with? Fashion? That standard is just too fluid to measure anything by. It’s not even a standard and is probably just as bad, if not worse, than music.

Okay I’m done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the pic!