Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sixtyfirst


When communicating to protect the President of the US, I wonder if the Secret Service talks into their collars or the sleeves of their suits or something like that. They do so in the movies and tv shows all the time, is that really how it's done?

Whenever I see a show like The Sentinel, or The West Wing, or whatever else there is about presidential assassination, the behavior of the secret service doesn't seem as subtle as it could be or maybe how it actually is. Unless of course that's how it actually is. It's just that if I were President or whatever, I'd want my Secret Service to act more like an undercover cop.

But then I guess if they were dressed in civilian clothes and acted like civilians, it'd be hard to tell people apart. Well okay... it's just that if I were a sniper or someone like that, it'd be fairly obvious who my targets are. Maybe there is another squad dressed as civilians, I've seen that in movies, but then they always seem to act in an obvious manner. It's just that you can't spot them until they're on the move or getting in action as a unit. Kinda like the Bourne Identity movies.

At any rate, working in the Secret Service... oh wait, they're the Special Service aren't they? O'ho ho ho! Oh, nope. It's Secret. Is there a Special? Probably. Right well, it's a tough job and someone's got to do it. I wonder how many successful presidential assassinations there have been. OH! Is this blog going to be flagged now? That would be cool.

Okay so for today's WOTD we turn to the Merriam-Webster's Dictionary. My faithful friend.

Volcano - (n) an opening in the earth's crust from which molten rock and steam issue; also: a hill or mountain composed of the ejected material

Here now is today's haiku:

Charismatic grin
Stories ready to be told
Eyes full of laughter

No comments: