Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thirtysixth

Have you ever had one of those moments where you think "This isn't my life. I don't know why I'm going through with this / why this is happening"? Sometimes I think that sort of way when I'm away from home, but sometimes I think that when I am at home. I think it is mainly just a feeling of ...if you're in the right job, with the right people, or what have you.

I don't think I've been in too many situations that I've thought that, unless my friend's friend was doing something not so legal but that was probably only once and I don't remember what it was. Mainly, I just don't like being unsure about my life. I know there are people who leave things up in the air, but I'm pretty sure they have some kind of vision for what they want in life. What about not having a vision? Fight for one?

By the way, if you're interested in the Irish at all, you should either borrow it from the library or buy Whiskey in the Jar: Essential Irish Drinking Songs & Sing Alongs. It's a fun bit of Irish culture. If you don't like the Irish, well who am I kidding, who doesn't like the Irish?

You know what I don't like? Tricksy liars who offer goods and delicious, but then only vile and wrong comes forth. Such as the advertisements for food that looks and sounds like it would be very tasty but then you go to the restaurant and in fact it is neither. There have been a couple commercials that show food for what it is, the most played being McD****** and their Big M**. "Yeah, we're for the ordinary guy and our burger may not be neat and tidy but that's we substitute those things for good and tasty, come and like us". What are they reaching out for? It's McD******* for the love! Just trying to make another buck. Sure they're trying to be honest and make it look like they're "joe shmoe's" but that's just another tricksy lie! Run away and make your own danged burger! It's bound to be at least 5 times better.

But Dave, I can't cook worth a cent!
Yeah right, you can cook, you just have to look inside yourself and pull out your inner chef de cuisine.
I don't think that would be such a good idea, waking my inner chef would be like waking my inner pyro.
Well then either train a monkey to cook for you or get a friend to cook for you. Or you could kidnap a chef.
Yeah, okay. That sounds good, thanks Dave. You're a big help as usual!
That's what I'm here for tuts. And I'm out.

No comments: