Saturday, October 25, 2008

Onehundred Eighteen



I don't know what you think of him, nor do I really care if you're opposed to him. All that really matters for me when watching a hockey game is that I get to watch Coach's Corner on Hockey Night in Canada, because that means Don Cherry (and also Ron MacLean).

Hockey fan? Doesn't matter... well not overly because I'm not all that much of a hockey fan. I grew up with it because of my dad but I don't need to watch a hockey game for my life to continue. If hockey's what people are watching, okay I'm in, but the point is this: the highlight of a hockey game is getting to listen to Don Cherry.

Why? It just feels more Canadian. In fact, I'd say this my whole blog, not just this post but my blog site, is that much more Canadian now that I've linked you to Hockey Night in Canada and talked about Don Cherry (and Ron MacLean).

Also, I love Don's enthusiasm for the game, but that he likes a good clean game, with a bit of dirt because he would say a little bit is just part of hockey. I've always respected what Don has to say, and thirdly I like him because he reminds me of my Aunt Jean. Well she's not really my aunt but a good friend of my grandma and well... I've just always called her "aunt". The point is that I really respect her and enjoy talking with her, and if I knew a thing about hockey, I'm pretty sure I'd have a good time talking to Don Cherry.

Anyway, that's about all I have to say about that.

Here's your WOTD:

Wind sock - (n) an open-ended truncated cloth cone mounted in an elevated position to indicate wind direction

Haiku:

Red flower blooming
Opening unto world
A touch of beauty.

No comments: