Thursday, October 16, 2008

Onehundred Twelve


Music.

It is something that can move a person to either riot or tears. It can make us laugh or it can provoke serious thought. It can make the good times and get us through the hard times. It can do everything in between, and I ask you: is it worth taking the chance?

Am I talking about taking a chance in having our emotions and thoughts and um... other, being driven by someone else's point of view? Or am I talking about how the economic and business end of the music industry can twist and turn us so that we fall for empty thoughtless music just because it's mainstream and you gotta go mainstream or else you're a total nobody? Or maybe I'm talking about taking a chance financially... a financial risk in buying an album or two and then more because you've become addicted?

Actually I just wrote it up because of a song. What I mean to be getting at is that some where along the line of history, music became a driving force. Is that because it is a form of media and we just can't help but fall sway to media? Anything medific we automatically fall in line and get hooked and can't let go.

I'll admit it, I'm a medianite. I likes the movies, the musics, the books, and the televisions. They are things that feed my mediacity. Oh and the internets, can't let that one slip by behind the curtain.

Sigh. Is there a solution? Yeah, don't let these things be the meaning of life. Put friends and family before a tv show or a concert or a novel.

I am reminded of a great mind that once said "Acknowledge me, I'm alive". I'd look it up but I'm too busy watching Youtube. It's just too amazing. Probably.

WOTD:

Antithesis - (n) 1. the opposition or contrast of ideas 2. the direct opposite

Haiku:

Ham and cheese sandwich
Nestled in my jeans pocket
A snack for the bus.

No comments: