Thursday, October 30, 2008

Onehundred Twentytwo


Hey, you know what I never questioned before? Game shows.

Back in the day there was stuff about scams and that the winner of the game was secretly decided before hand... and I don't know how much of that kind of thing still prevails but my point is this: game shows have become things we have taken for granted. Or at least that's what I'd say for myself.

Questions I should be asking are:

Why do game shows exist in the first place?

Besides running commercials, how do the game shows make money?

Is there a secret game show tax we're paying?

Are game shows just another form of the lottery?

Why is it that a show like Wheel of Fortune is making more excuses to give away more money?

Are game shows the government's way of saying "Hey, look over there!" Or "What's that behind you?!"

There must be some kind of good business going on for game shows because there are so many of them, and not just in the U.S. If this is true, I want to learn the secret of the game show because I don't think it'd be all that hard to come up with an idea for one. I suppose the trick is making it popular. There have been quite a few game shows that don't seem to be popular and ...well I would like to ask: since when is getting free money not popular? I know, I know... we're all media whores and we want good entertainment for our couch potato butts and we couldn't stand to watch people other than ourselves win money on a game show that isn't to our taste.

Well la-de-da, aren't our pallets particular. Here's one for you, it's called: I'll watch the most boring game show out there, for as long as it runs, if you'll just please take away reality tv shows.

And another thing, here's the WOTD:

Accompaniment - (n) something that accompanies another; esp: subordinate music to support a principal voice or instrument

Don't you just love it when they use the word in the definition? Yeah... and here's something you also love:

Haiku:

Littlest hobo
Arrive just in nick of time
Save the day and leave.

No comments: