Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Onehundred and One


Politics.

I know politics are important in the sense that this is how the country in which I live in is going to be run, but to me it's all just boring and for the most part (as far as I can think ...or am willing to think right now) non-relevant to the way in which I run my life.

I still have to go to work and still get paid at the same rate (but I hope it goes up, and perhaps the government will increase minimum wage and if that happens, okay fine they get a pat on the shoulder from me), I'll still have to pay taxes (which might go up or down), I'll still have to take my bike to work (or walk when the snow comes, or drive if the government allows people to drive without a licence) and I will very most likely still have the same freedom I have always had. So unless the government turns totalitarian or the Bloc Party somehow in a million years wins, life will run much the same no matter which Prime Minister is telling his lies. Oh I mean, saying what he'll do for the country.

All I'm saying is that unless the PM's politic-ing like how a certain blockhead quarterback for un-named team in un-named province that can't make an un-named play to get a simple un-named touchdown so that his un-named team could get an un-named victory, then I quite frankly see no reason to pay attention to politics.

I think that could also be the same type of problem for a lot of Canadians, except for the well learn-ed ones. We care more about sports or entertainment than we do politics. I think it's mostly because a lot of the time the changes that go on in the political world are not noticeable to the public, unless it's something like ...something big happening in the economy or war or etc... The world's just become too media focused, sports focused (whether televised or like... with family and what-not), and all around pleasure focused, to care about the rest of the world in a big enough way.

Sure there's probably a couple of ten thousands of you that really care and are enthused about that whole business, and you keep shoving it in our faces, but man... unless they take away my rights and freedoms, I just don't think I'll really want to pay much attention to the whole game. Call me what you'd like, it's just more soap in my eyes.

Here's the WOTD:

Virago - (n) (strong or heroic woman) 1. a loud over-bearing woman 2. a woman of great strength and courage

Isn't that neat.

Haiku:

The tire swing tree
Overlooking a lush pond
Kids and ducks flying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good take on politics man,It's true, the more you know the more jaded you get. I thought I was voting conservative until I went to a debate and the guy totally turned me off. I'll be voting liberal, the candidate is the best one for the job. Is it weird to hope for a conservative majority whilst voting Liberal? I know so, but that's the way my cookie's crumbling.Will life really change for the poor people, or the rich people or the people in between? No, not really.
- DG