Thursday, January 8, 2009

Onehundred Sixtyfive


Did you notice I was gone for a week? I did. I've been out looking for new ways to spice up my act... or rather to make any sort of act at all. I thought there would be something to do with my poetry; I'd like to read my poems and haiku, share my drawings...

One thing I thought of would be to start a ventriloquist act. I don't have a dummy, so I'd have to get one. The problem with this is that you can't just go out and get one for free anymore, you have to hire them out. With the economy the way it is, everyone's needing a job. I tried to get one who would split the earnings with me but they just woodn't have it. They wanted payment upfront so they could put something in their shavings account. They just woodn't stand for no payment upfront. They were pretty stiff lipped about it. The one guy woodn't even bat an eye. Most of them just looked at me. Slack-jawed.

So I thought that if I couldn't get a wooden dummy, I'd have to settle for getting a volunteer from the audience. I thought that would get some laughs, but then I've seen it done a couple times... so is it one of those things that's been done before and we have had enough? Or is it something that hasn't been done for a while and it would be funny to see again?

Sigh.

No comments: