Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Onehundred Sixtyseven


I think I've always liked roosters.

Hey, why don't we eat rooster? Or do we? Is there a meat factory where they pump out rooster and call it chicken? It seems to me that there aren't all that many roosters, or rather that there are more hens than roosters. Is that just how it is or is it something we control? I suppose the same thing could be said about cows. Oh! Do you think we eat bulls? Now I know that some people sound like they do, but I'm talking about the cow not its by-product.

Do you think you'd be able to tell the difference between cow and bull meat? Or hen and rooster meat? Most likely not as I'm pretty sure I've had male pigs and female pigs. Uh... Sow and um... not sow. Boar? I'm pretty sure that just relates to the pig's cousin. Right well I can't tell the difference between bacon's, so this is just a matter of whether or not I've had rooster or bull. With the pig, I just don't know that there's as big of a difference as with cows and chickens. Huh.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, let's have a little WOTD, shall we?

Heterodox (adj) 1. differing from an acknowledged standard 2. holding unorthodox opinions

I always just thought that was "being unorthodox". Good thing we can still learn something new every day.

Haiku:

Plate full of tofu
Rather have Chinese chow mien
Ginger pork as well.

No comments: