Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Onehundred

Down By the Salley Gardens

Down by the salley gardens my love and I did meet;
She passed the salley gardens with little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish, with her would not agree.

In a field by the river my love and I did stand,
And on my leaning shoulder she laid her snow-white hand.
She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs;
But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears.

By William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)

I think if it were not for creative writing, I would be a little more lost. Either that or I would find myself in... well I don't know what my world would be like if I were not creative. Man, can you imagine an uncreative Dave?

BORING!

So I come to you now on this my One hundredth bloggin'. Today's topic is thus:

Taking things in moderation.

If there was no moderation in life, one would live full-on in one thing. Or at least that's what I would presume, and as it is there are people out there who only spend their lives in one area of possibility. I prefer to try new things, participate in many ...participations, and I make sure to do something exciting/risky every once in a while.

Risks do not have to be big, nor do they have to be walking across a tightrope while shaving. The same can be said of taking it easy; not every moment need be sitting on the couch snaking while you watch someone walking on a tightrope while shaving, on tv. Also I don't think that if you take the moderate route that means you don't take big risks or big ...relaxing time. And it also is not necessary to go big or go home for either end of the spectrum, or also the middle.

What I mean to say in all this is don't be too worried about stepping out of your comfort zone every once in a while. Where is the growth if there is no risk? And at the same time where is stability if all you do is take risk?

Go now my young grasshopper, find me the WOTD:

Ah, here it is now;

Silage - (n) fodder fermented (as in a silo) to produce a rich moist animal feed

Here now, ladies and gentlemen, is your One hundredth HAIKU:

Hiding in sandbox
Waiting to be used once more
Little red race car.

No comments: