Monday, November 3, 2008

Onehundred Twentyfive


I think it would be nice to go some place like Aspen or um... some other ski resort, right now. Partly to get the anticipation for the first snow fall out of the way, and partly because I want to be a rebel. People always go somewhere warm when it's cold in their own country, and ...cold when it's warm? I don't know about that second bit but I just want to go some place where they know how to have a proper winter. None of this delayed snow crap, or that you get little bits at a time until finally you get a big dump of snow, except by then it's too much snow and also there's ice underneath it all so if you're driving anywhere you're going to have a tough time, but at least you have your snow tires.

Sigh.

I think it would be nice to work at a ski resort at least once in my life. I don't know what kind of skills I'd bring to that job but I'd like to be some kind of guide. Yeah, the guide to all the places with good hot coco.

You know, here we say "hot chocolate", or at least I do, but I'm pretty sure that if you're working at a ski resort you'd have to say "hot coco". It'd just be one of those unspoken laws. Like how you'd call everything "mitts" instead of "mitts" and "gloves". Or maybe everything's "gloves" and not "mitts". Yeah.

Okay, WOTD:

Kolinsky - (n) the fur of various Asian minks

Is kolinsky the fur equivalent to bologna? Probably.

Haiku:

My luck spreading thin
Curbside dice too adictive
Stop while I'm ahead.

No comments: