Thursday, February 12, 2009

Onehundred Eightyfive


And then he starts talking like he's got me beat, but I said "You're missing one thing: there's no way Christopher Plummer would fall for that." After thinking it through he said I was right, and that was the end of that.

It's not me, it's you. No I'm not talking about the song by Prozzak, or about the album by Lily Allen, I'm talking about relationships in driving.

As a pedestrian, there have been times where I have been all about "Get out of my way cars, can't you see I'm walking here?" But then when I'm in the car I think "Get out of the way pedestrian, can't you see I'm driving here?" (Well not that I'm driving but the fact remains) And to the bigger vehicles I think: "Okay, just because you're a truck, doesn't mean you're king of the road." But then if I were driving a truck I'd be all "Get out of my way everybody, I'm driving a truck here! You're all too slow and tiny!"

It's always someone else's fault. Yup.

WOTD:

Chaffinch - (n) a common European finch with a cheerful song

Haiku:

Singing in meadow
Trip over fallen tree branch
Sudden lack of joy.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Oh my god, I know exactly what you mean. I live right near the local university, and so there are a lot of students walking around. Lately, I've also been walking to the gym a lot, and I use the gym at the university.

Sometimes, I try to drive home, and there are too many students crossing the road, and I'm thinking "Oh my god, please, just let me pass! PLEASE!"

And then when I'm walking, I usually take the right of way. Sometimes, though, I'll stop and let the car go if I'm the only one holding it up. I know what a pain it is to have to wait for minutes to turn. This just happened the other day, and I stopped to let it pass, but then I saw that there were other people coming from the other way which blocked the car anyway. So I kept walking.

But I like to think that I am more conscious while walking that it is a huge pain to have to wait in your car, especially if it's in between class times and there are loads of students walking.

And I hate big trucks or SUVs and other things. It is SO stupid.
I was tailgated by one last night, and I just wanted to slam on my breaks, and be like "Ha! You loser. Now you have to pay to fix my car."

And why do you have comment moderation enabled? I want my comment to appear IMMEDIATELY!