Sunday, February 8, 2009

Onehundred Eightyone


There's something of a satisfaction in skateboarding.

I can't remember a time when I didn't like the feel of a skateboard in my hands. The design of the board, the sound of a skateboard going down a sidewalk, the freedom of the ride, the logos, and of course the amazing tricks and stunts people can pull with a skateboard, are just a few reasons why I love it.

I also love the design of a good skate park. It's just screaming "Come skate, listen to your punk rock and hang out! Enjoy a slurpee on a nice hot day whilst you skate the afternoon away." Yeah, it's a little bit of alright. I think the best is when you take along a camera, like ...especially a Polaroid and you're taking pictures of tricks and your friends and there's some good music playing, and everyone's enjoying a slurpee, the sun's shining on your back and there are no problems to bother you.

I don't know if there's an actual smell to a skate park... but if there were I'd say it'd be wood, blood, and sweat. And probably some metal. All the good manly smells. Good times.

No comments: