Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Onehundred Eightythree


Yup, I had my first tooth pulled today. It was my top right wisdom tooth. Just when I thought I could keep 'em all, they had to pull it. How lovely. It was even planned to be steak night tonight but that'll have to wait until another day, Charlie Brown. Sigh.

In other news, I was watching Wheel of Fortune today and this week they're back in Hawaii. You know Hawaii, that small islanded state. That wee bit 'o the USA out in the ocean. Guess what kind of destination was given as a prize, for these lovely people from Hawaii, the good people at Wheel of Fortune decided it would be nice to send a lovely Hawaiian couple, to the Caribbean. "Oh good honey, we get to leave our island paradise for another island paradise! 'Cause we sure wouldn't want to go some where that wasn't an island paradise! How incredibly thoughtful of Wheel of Fortune!" Man, what a load of bullocks. Hee hee, cause I'm so British!

Yes, the couple did seem happy about it, but I'm sure they were just excited to be going some place that it hadn't quite sunken in where they were going at the time. No, I'm sure they'd appreciate the treatment they'd receive and all that, but I just think that if I were in their position... well you know how I'd feel. At least there was a couple that won a trip to Alaska (they were from Hawaii as well). I'm just saying Wheel of Fortune could have thought that through a little better.

There's my rant for today. Here now is the WOTD:

Transaxle - (n) a unit combining the transmission and the front axle of a front-wheel-drive automobile

My Trans Am has a problem with it's transaxle, which I found out on my way to make a transaction.

Haiku:

Dreaming of a steak
Perfectly marinated
Cooked the way I like.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Well, you know what's funny, is that I thought you were telling me to eat steak because I'm trying to eat less meat, and for me to drink out of a straw because I'm trying to avoid unnecessary plastic.

It didn't even click about the whole tooth thing! I am an idiot. I remember the night I had my wisdom teeth out, I had mashed potatoes, peas, and chicken. Maybe it was the next night though... all I remember is that was my first meal.

And, my dad took a picture of me when I was still in the dentist's coming off anesthesia, and he posted it on his website.