Thursday, February 5, 2009

Onehundred Seventyeight


And now to answer some of my dear viewer's letters.

Timmy from Sandfried, Ohio writes: "Dave, I can't imagine how you come up with these wacky and outrageous blogs, and I love your poetry! Could you tell the step-by-step process you go through to deliver such creative writing gold?"

No.

Dan from Gainsburry, Ontario writes: "Dave, I've been having some troubles with my girlfriend. She wants me to write her some poetry, but I'm terrible with words. I was wondering if I could borrow something from you, since you're so good at it but not too good so that she would catch on. Helplessly in love, Dan."

Will you pay me?

Angelica from Little Lake, Saskatchewan writes: "Hi Dave. I'm a long time reader first time writer and I've just got to say that blog 64 made me realize the value in the little things in life. I know that one is a while ago but it's one of my many favorites. Thanks for sharing."

Thanks for writing, sugarbob.

Geoff from Winterville, Manitoba writes: "It's good to hear a creative voice in the prairies on this blog. I thought I was the only one, and not too many people read my blog either. Maybe we should band together and start a 'Bloggin' in the Prairies' club. What do you say?"

I uh... I kinda feel that's a bit too cheesy for myself, but I suppose if you were to provide sandwiches, I'd support anything.

The last letter for today is from Leila in Canburg, Alberta: "Hey Dave, have you ever thought of writing children's books? I think you'd do a great job and the kids would love your poetry and art work. Or maybe you could give me a few pointers on how to do my own book? Thanks."

I have thought of such a book but whenever that comes to mind I remind myself at how much goes unnoticed by kids (in poetry) and I think I'd rather write a book meant for a creative writing class.

Well that's all we have for today folks. Until next time, give your fingers and brain a workout and write up a short little story or poem. Get those brain juices flowing.

Haiku:

Lost in wheat field
Its smell consuming my mind
Appreciate bread.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Robin from Massachusetts, USA writes: "Why haven't you responded to my e-mail yet? Worst e-mail pen pal EVER."


Ha!

XeroxtDave said...

Because I haven't read your e-mail yet.

Ha!