Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Seventeenth

You know something that I'm thankful for? The invention of the tortilla. It is so versatile and handy. Now I know, as do those of you who went to college with me, that they can be not so exciting when you have them ...well there is just really is such a thing as having too much of it although there are those who might agree with me that a quesadilla is always a good thing. I'd say that "too much" applied more to the pita, but still.

Why I bring this up is that today I had a breakfast burrito, a very good dish and one of my favorites. In fact, many favorites of mine use the tortilla. Tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, and burritos. There are a wide variety of ingredients that can be used for all those meals, and different "flavors" of tortillas that you could almost substitute it for bread. I put quotations around flavors because to me, they all really taste about the same. When you're making a taco, it's more about what's on the inside than the outside.

I just wanted to express my gratitude to the Mexicans and Spaniards for bringing about the tortilla, and to those people who brought it back to North America.

As for the picture, well I just thought it looked really cool. I love it when people can capture a scene like that without tires or other junk getting into the frame. So sweet a picture, so sweet a blog.

Mexican pancake
Filling my taste buds with joy
Thanks senorita.

No comments: