Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sixteenth

I wonder if there's such a thing as sweet lemons. Just with all the genetic testing and what-not going around ...I know it would defeat the purpose of the lemon, but there are other things in this world that have been created that defeat their own purposes. (Here's where I make a funny yet stinging remark about some music group, TV show, or other form of media). ~ Zing ! ~

My reasoning on it though is the same they used for seedless watermelon. Someone got sick enough of those black seeds that they found a way to get watermelon without them. Can't you do the same for lemons? I'm sure someone's sick of how sour they are. (Yet another witty and clever but also stinging remark about some other music group, TV show, or form of media). I'm on fire tonight!

My point is, lemons are good for you, but they're too sour to consume on a regular basis like um... apples. Maybe you could grow a tolerance for it over time, but then you're probably eating too many lemons. When I was little I thought maybe limes were the sweet version of lemons, but that was not to be the case. Sigh.

They can do it with bread and watermelons, and well just about anything really, if enough people complain about something, change will happen. I guess people still like having their lemons sour. But it's not like you can't find seeded watermelon or unsliced bread.

Man, if you think about it though, you could probably make a lot of money from making lemonade from sweet lemons. Right there you've got a product that has 90% less sugar than anyone else on the market, and the way organics and everything like that is going, you'd make some fat wads. Hell, all you'd need to do is reach out to the people with diabetes and seeing as how that's the direction of many% of north america, it'd be raining fat wads. Well, that is if you could get a exclusive hold on that part of the market. Even if you didn't though, I bet you'd still make a fair amount of change because there are always companies looking to make money, and especially if they're in the same market as you are, they'd try to buy you out, or pay you some kind of fee so they could start making their own product.

Dang, I'd like to get me a piece of that sweet lemon pie. OH man! You wouldn't be limited to juice, which makes you a bigger commodity, which means bigger fat wads! I have got to get me a scientist.

No comments: