Friday, July 18, 2008

Twentyfourth

I wanted to write a poem today, but I can't come up with anything. Here are a couple haiku's instead.

Vivid melt down town
Efficiently simplistic
Small translucent frog.

Sitting in her palm
Watching, hoping for it to grow
Kiss it for good luck.

Some people have suggested that I put all my haiku's together for a book, but I kinda like the idea of giving them out for free, for my friends, as they come to me. I think that's what art truly is, a gift. Both to the creator and the um... public. To say that one piece of art is more valuable than the other, has always been a little strange to me. Value is placed on something because one person or a group of people hold it in higher regard than that which surrounds it. Yes, time and effort we put into a piece of art and if people like it then it has been worth your time and effort, but does that mean it should be worth money? If so, I should be selling my cards and everyone I've given a card to ...well you can sell them but give me 70%.

I'ma see Batman now. As for the rest of you, take luck.

No comments: