Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Twentysecond

Nicknames. These have been both useful and annoying for centuries, and I quite frankly have had almost enough. Well not really, I just wanted to say "quite frankly". But there is an aspect I don't like. It's that for couples, the names are mostly the same. "Baby", "hun", "babe", "dear", "sugarbutt", "sweet cheeks", "honey bunches of oats", "mighty caesar", "afrolicious", "love bun" ...the list goes on. You know why they're repeated and over-used? It's because that's what everyone's parents or older sibling or whatever always uses, and they use it because of their parents and etc.

If we're talking nicknames for overall purposes (not couple names but nicknames), it's mainly because you can't remember the person's name, or it's because they do something often or something horrible yet funny happened, or because their name just sucks so you have to make up a new one.

The nicknames I have had over the years are (no foolin'): Huston, Becky, and Super Dave. Those are more affectionate in nature. The ones that aren't are: um... well they just make fun of my last name and I don't care to mention them because I'm just tired of hearing them and the next person who says it gets a kick in the face Chuck Norris style.

Here's a pretty picture:

No comments: