Thursday, September 18, 2008

Eightynineth



Ever notice when someone is trying to sell you something on the phone, they don't really seem to listen?
"No, I don't want any..."

"I understand that but with this offer..." And the continue to try and sell you the product. If it was face to face, that would probably be a different story. I suppose though it depends on if they were to come to your house or if you were at the store.

The matter still lies, I don't like the fact that there are jobs out there, and I do appreciate it that they are jobs, it's just that I don't like that those jobs exist. Someone out in the world came up with the idea of door-to-door sales, and someone else gave the go-ahead. People take those jobs because it's different or they just need a job for a short while to tide them over, either way they're taking the job and thus making more jobs because more people see that it works or is a good idea or they've run out of way to make people miserable so they put up a door-to-door business (which has since died and turned into a phone... to phone business) to keep themselves occupied.

Notice that it is never a product or "opportunity" that you can always just get somewhere else. But no, this is a unique "opportunity" or product, they try and sell you on the fact that since they're phoning you up, it's not just something you can go to the store and buy or go to your hospital and sign up for, or wherever may have you and what may have you, this is only if you take part in this phone-to-phone business.

Sigh.

And they always pronounce my last name wrong! Man!

"Yeah but it's not spelled like the city and I'm a dork". At least they get one part of that right! Okay, the last name part might be just me and yeah I've heard it more than that and probably some of you got it wrong the first time, but I gots to lash out at someone and it might as well be the phone-'em-up people.

Okay, time for a happy WOTD:

Newel - (n) a post about which the steps of a circular staircase wind; also: a post at the foot of a stairway or one at a landing

Haiku:

Leafy rooftop hut
In shelter of trees near beach
Five inhabitants.

No comments: