Sunday, September 14, 2008

Eightythird


Not talking about something in the hopes that it will not come to pass.

If there is a superstition out there that I abide by, this could be it. But maybe it should be the opposite, or um... if I talk about it and embrace it, then it might take longer to come around or it might not come at all. But if all I'm doing is delaying the inevitable, is it worth it to talk about it so that when it comes around I'm already prepared for it?

I just don't like the mind games that come along with thinking about or not thinking about something. Like saying "it can't get any worse". Does it already become worse just because you're thinking that it can't, or does it actually become worse once you speak that phrase, or it's only worse because you put yourself in that state of mind? Or like "at least it's not..." and then it does. So then is it best to train yourself not to think that way? Maybe you should just try to be thankful moment by moment so that your day will be a little more joyful.

Maybe that's what it is, your state of mind. If you walk around thinking it's only going to get worse, then you have a bad day. But if you think about the things you have to be thankful for, when something bad happens it's not that bad because... you're in a good state of mind?

All of this and I still don't want to say what I was going to start this blog with, because at the mere mention of it... well I don't know but I just don't want it to happen soon.

Pants!

Okay, here's the WOTD:

Bilious - (adj) 1. marked by or suffering from disordered liver function 2. irritable, ill-tempered

HAIKU!

Picking raspberries
Place in straw-woven basket
Prepare the pie crust.

No comments: