Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ninetyeighth



Have you ever wanted to just pack up and move somewhere else in the world? Right now I think it couldn't be more pleasant than to just pack up and go to Fiji. Or maybe somewhere in Ireland.
So what holds me back? Probably the same things, or some of the same things, as are holding yourself back.

Wanting to stay connected to the roots I already have, for one. That's why a place is called "home". Family is a big hold back, and so are friends when they come along.

A lack of money is another reason. You can't really just pack up and start a new life with under $10,000 can you? Or at least, without being mostly homeless when you arrive to your destination. Quite frankly, as someone who's been middle class for most of my life, I see it as hard to put myself out on the street in a foreign country when I've got a life off the street here. I'm not getting into that Catherine.

Also I'd rather have things a bit more planned out than just pack up and leave. Do some research into housing (finding a place from which it'd be easy to get around, some where I could afford) and also see what kind of jobs would be available.

There is also a conundrum in my way: do I save up for a car, or to live in another country? If I save up to live in another country, would I have to have a car when I get there? If I got a car, would I be able to bring it with me if I move to another country, or would I have to sell it? If selling the car were so, then why bother buying one in the first place.

One more thing, isn't it great that creativity is so diverse in Hollywood? I refere of course to yesterday and today's videos.

WOTD:

Pueblo - (n) 1. an American Indian village of Arizona or New Mexico that consists of flat-roofed stone or adobe houses joined in groups sometimes several stories high 2. cap: a member of a group of American Indian peoples of the southwestern U.S.

Haiku:

Singing of past days
Melody reaching great hights
Reaching to the heart.

No comments: