Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ninetythird


What happens when a duck runs into a pillow factory?

A really bad joke.

But seriously, have you ever wondered what it would be like to travel the world as part of an act? I think that would be so cool and amazing, but then... it's not like I could just join up with the circus or some other spectacle. It takes years of practice and training... doesn't it? That's what I've been lead to believe. Maybe I've had it all wrong and I can phone them up and be all:

"Hi, I'm calling to join your group."

"Do you have any skills?"

"Not really, just thought it would be a neat way to see the world."

"Oh well then by all means, come by our office tomorrow. Is 1:30 okay?"

"No I've got to work until 2:30."

"Oh okay, um... let me see here... yeah, I can fit you in at 4, would that be enough time for you?"

"Maybe, where's your office located? It didn't really say in the ad."

"No? I thought I had Moreen put that in the ad for me. I'll have to see into that. Okay well we're on ..."

Yeah, it doesn't work like that. What? No I haven't tried looking up "circus troupe" in the phone book. You just be quiet and eat a cookie. Man, some people. Some the time coming to conclusions based on what they read on the internet.

Here's the WOTD:

Vagary - (n) an odd or eccentric idea or action: whim, caprice

Would you like a haiku with that?

Playing at recess
Sky high imaginations
Fog reality.

No comments: