Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sixtyfourth


Clouds. There may be times when you wish not to see one, but then there are other times when you're glad you do. They can make or break a day, whether it be a picnic or a really hot day. They make both a sunrise and sunset more beautiful, or they can ruin a day by taking up the whole sky.

We like to make shapes out of them as kids (or still do) and enjoy seeing them go away as adults. We like them when they're white and fluffy, not when they're grey and flat. We know about how they form and wonder how long of a journey they make in their life time.

I don't often take the time to think about clouds, except when I feel they'll bring rain or snow, but I don't take enough time to enjoy their beauty. Sometimes I feel that a clear blue sky is best, but then there's no distraction by that one lone cloud in the sky, or that scattering of clouds as they pass on by on a windy day.

So what's all this about clouds? Well how about you just think about that the next time you try to look up at the stars ...but oh wait! They're covered by the clouds! Jerk!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that honey. C'mon baby, don't look at me like that. You know how I get when I talk about the simpler things in life.

Well, I guess that's that. Here's the WOTD:

Vaudeville - (n) a stage entertainment consisting of unrelated acts (as of acrobats, comedians, dancers, or singers)

Also known as Wednesday night at Steve's place.

Today's haiku is:

Flower petal falls
Little ants take it away
A gift for their Queen.

No comments: