Monday, September 8, 2008

Seventyeighth


French fries. How long are they going to stay straight? But Dave, haven't you heard of curly fries? Sure I've heard of curly fries, I've had curly fries many a time but they're not as prevalent as they could be. Arby's has them, but they're the only ones. You can buy them at the store, but how often do you. The point is, fries are just too straight.

Dave, is that really what's bothering you, fries?

No... I guess it isn't. You could always see right through me; you know when something else is on my mind. I'll tell you what it is: soda pop is too much of a staple item in America.

I went to KFC the other day cause I had some coupons. I had a Twister Combo, which (of course) comes with fries and a pop. I don't know if I could have exchanged pop for some other drink, it didn't occur to me at the time, but I just felt like I had no choice but to drink pop. I didn't really even want to have pop, I was hoping for something else, but I acted out my part of Citizen and went along with whatever came my way.

I also wanted a different sauce on my wrap but they didn't have any other besides the original. Why would one location have more sauces than another? I worked fast food for a year and I never heard an explanation for why each location gets different stuff. Or rather, that not every location gets the same thing. Isn't that the point of a chain restaurant, that everything's the same?

You might say, well I'd like a little variety in my locations. If I want something different, I'll go to another location. Yeah but what about when you want this specific item and the location closest to you doesn't have it, but you didn't know that at the time? Now you've got to ...

You know, this is sounding pretty Western Civilization right now, so on to the WOTD:

Unconscionable - (adj) 1. not guided or controlled by conscience 2. not in accordance with what is right or just syn unreasonable, undue, unjustifiable, unwarrantable, unwarranted

Today's haiku:

Scarlett ribbon bow
Left on the roadside dying
The dark floods rising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great observation in the blog about pop. I totally agree. It's just because it's 97.5% profit for the business owner. Subway eat fresh, then suck back some carbonated poly surcroses? What the heck? How about, here have a milk from a real cow with that meal.
-Dave G.